Welcome to my garden!

Join in my adventures of everyday life. I am trying to live by the saying "Live, Laugh & Love". Sometimes there are tears, sometimes there is a whole lot of laughter, but there is always love. So, enjoy the flowers and enjoy the read.

Friday, January 22, 2010

So, I was being stalked. She called my house. She e-mailed me. Finally we connected. And she wanted me to make her a quilt. REALLY! She did. And I as so flattered. When do you need it by?....FRIDAY! This was the Sunday before the Friday she needed it. HOLY COW.


But I did it. I made her a quilt top and tacked it to a piece of bleached muslin and hand stitched the hem. What do you think? Yes, it is a baby quilt. And considering I only spent about 17 hours on the whole thing, including the hem, I think it is pretty good. It is crib sized and done in a simple 9 patch or patchwork pattern. My son said it looked like a checkerboard.



Well, it does. How observant you are, Son. Speaking of my son. This is him beside the new baby quilt. He is ten and is around 4 ft. tall. So I am thinking that is quilt will fit inside a baby crib quite nicely. Have you started any new projects lately? What is favorite pattern? I think I have asked you this before, but I would love to hear you ideas and I would love to know what you are working on. I might want to try it. Until next time.......KEEP SEWING!

No comments:

Post a Comment